Friday, November 27, 2015

टिम्बकटू

The supposedly ISIS gunmen have taken hostage around 170 people in Mali capital Bamako Africa.
Just in case you don't know, Mali is the country where "Timbaktu"(spelling may be different, this is my Indian version ) is situated.
Timbaktu & Jhumaritillaya are two places which were very mysteriously famous during my childhood. Timbaktu was the place unknown & out of the world and any body who was out of sight for some period was considered gone to Timbaktu.
Jhumaritillaya was always a place from where listeners used to make "फरमाईश" on विविध भारती for every song Vividh Bharati played . We used to feel that Jhumaritillaya is also a place like Timbaktu & is made up by the AIR People until I physically went to the Place in 1987 while working in Hazaribagh {(Bihar) now Jharkhand}.
I shall not be visiting Timbaktu in my life time that's for sure.
Here I am restraining myself from commenting on the ongoing crisis in Mali for obvious reasons.

No comments: